Devils Juice

Devils juice

My dad always said drink is the devils juice
But I never listened so I let the lid loose

Three years and everyday dizzy as can be
Who was right? Was it my daddy or me?
I stopped for a year or two but still I can’t drink
One drop on my tongue then it is all I can think
Hooked because at a young age I was dependent
I thought I could handle it and I was independent
But now I know better that my daddy was right
I thought he was a kill joy and we ended up having a fight

My daddy always said drink is the devils juice
I still struggle trying not to let the bottle loose

Now my sides ache on just the single little drop
My eyes go yellow and I never know when to stop
It started off just for fun and getting crazy with my friend
I never thought it would take over and one day may even be my end

My daddy always said drink is like the devils juice
Now I know I must stop because it will become my noose.



©2010 ~HayleyRippingale