The Last Leaf

The last leaf

by When The Mist Has Gone

Sometimes I feel lonely as the last leaf on a winter’s tree
But that gives me space to do anything as I am wild and free
Now not many people can understand how loneliness can be fun
But I understand because at this I am number one
Yes number one at being the funniest
At making my egg the runniest
I can watch TV at 4am
Friends can visit when ever around the clock like big Ben
I can sleep in when I feel
I can play on games living a life that’s unreal
And I do get lonely every here and there
But I have my beer and my favourite arm chair
I can eat as I please
I can wipe my snot on my sleeve when I sneeze
I can do many things without restriction
Lonely is a blessing in its own condition
I am free as the last leaf on the tree
Now don’t you wish you were lonely like me?

© 2010 H Rippingale